Thursday 24 February 2011

Bits and pieces of mosaic

My first mosaic I did was done in high school, a project I loved and thought I had a knack for, but never did again... until last year. When I was pregnant I was forever inspired by anything and everything I saw. I had tons of projects planned in my head that I wanted to do but didn't know when, where or how to start and like my usual self I was procrastinating, until I walked into a tile shop. Joy! I knew where to start.

 My crazy cool little family and I live in a small town where I don't have much choice of tiles. So with a small budget and a small variety of tiles to choose from I came up with this- my first mosaic since school days.
Then came Cape Town... I had found my mosaic rapture. I happened to stumble across Mosaic Works, a shop with everything a mosaic artist could ask for. I ended up spending 2 hours walking around the store ooohing over all the beautiful ceramics and tiles not knowing what to buy. I was there so long I even had to use their office to breastfeed my 2 month old baby! So hours later and my purse hurting I walked out of there with 3 boxes full of goodies! Below are some of the works that came out of all the wonderful tiles I bought.



No comments:

Post a Comment